The Application Process
Joining a British Academy of Sound Therapy Course
Joining a British Academy of Sound Therapy course – the process
The British Academy of Sound Therapy (BAST) is highly regarded worldwide. We love to share our work and recognise the importance of helping you find the best course to suit your needs.
We know that choosing the right course can be difficult so we have put together a short survey to help you choose. Take the survey here.
Our application process is as follows
- Choose which course you would like to study (or several if you’re not sure)
- Complete the application form – there is no obligation to take a place at this point.
- We will reserve your place on the course(s) up until the point of interview.
- Informal phone interview – an appointment will be made to speak to either Lyz Cooper (the Founder and Principal of BAST) or another senior member of the BAST team.
What happens after the interview?
- Acceptance – once a place has been offered you will have 7 days to accept.
- Payment – Make your payment which guarantees your place.
- Welcome to the course! Further information will be sent regarding your course and any instruments you may require.
Essential Skills To Become A Sound Therapist
- Passion for learning
- Good listening skills
- The ability to reflect on your own process and to be mindful of the needs of yourself and others
- Feel ready to work in a professional capacity as a therapist or group facilitator