Professional Training in Sound Therapy – An Introduction
Just like life, delivering good quality professional sound therapy training courses is a balancing act. These days, many of us lead busy lives with a lot of demands being made on our time. At BAST we have developed a ‘blended learning’ programme, combining in-class and online study via the BAST learning portal to create a winning formula that enables you to receive a high quality course with minimum in-class time. We are invested in giving people the tools to build a healthy business and make a difference to the health and well-being of others in a safe and professional way.
Whether you are a qualified therapist, teacher, community health-worker, music therapist or are brand new to sound therapy, we are confident that we will have a course to suit your needs. Our courses have a high content of experiential and practical exercises and no previous experience is necessary. The latest research provides a firm foundation for your healthy sound business and adds depth to the journey of discovery that unfolds as you go through your chosen course.
All of our UK courses are taught at the University of Chichester, Bognor Regis Campus. We can help you arrange transport, accommodation or give directions if needed. You will be required to attend the university for the in-class sessions.
In-class training + online learning + homestudy
- Practical elements of sound-work can be explored during in-class hands on training
- Explore techniques more deeply at home in your own time
- Our Learning Zone provides a range of materials to engage with and enable you to deepen your learning including interactive quizzes, videos, articles, research, podcasts and recordings.
- Case study sessions enable you to research and develop the techniques and build your business whilst being supported by us.
Graduates of our courses can become BAST members for life which provides access to research and business opportunities as well as discounts on further training and products. We are committed to raising awareness of the benefits of therapeutic sound and music therapy worldwide. As we continue to do this, we provide opportunities for our members to get involved in ongoing projects such as events, conferences, research and/or community arts projects.
We currently have qualified members working in the following areas of the community:
- Integrative and complementary healthcare
- Pre/post-natal and child care
- Mental health
- Parkinsons, ME, MS, Dementia and Cancer care
- Nursing homes, hospices and hospitals
- Education, including special educational needs (mild to profound and multiple needs)
- Personal development, spiritual and holistic centres