Tuning Fork Therapy Training
Tuning Fork Therapy Training (Professional Diploma)
This course aims to give you the confidence to work professionally with tuning forks and muscle testing (kinesiology). You have the choice to work with a small set of 8, or large set of 13 lovely tuning forks (further details on request). You will also learn advanced techniques including the use of multiple forks and the reframing of life-limiting beliefs, thoughts, and feelings in a more positive and life-affirming way (including fear, anxiety, grief, phobia, and trauma). We will also explore a range of different exercises to give your clients between sessions using breathwork, voice, movement, and visualisation.
Course Modules & Timeline
- This is pre-recorded and can be viewed any time
- Please choose your tuning forks kit (comprising small or large set, wallet and magnet). Please pay in advance and your kit will be available to collect at the module.
- An online course to take at your leisure before the deadline.
- The key concepts and research underpinning the BAST Method of Sound Therapy are included
- Quizzes and interactive exercises help you check your understanding and deepen your knowledge of the Method.
Virtual Classroom 1
31st August & 1st September 2023 9.30am – 1pm
- The course will be presented in more depth
- Meet your peers and your tutors
- Discuss the application of the method and the instruments
- Muscle testing
- Musical intervals and the psychology of sound
Coursework & Home Study
- Articles, quizzes, coursework exercises and training videos support this process
- Coursework is estimated to take around 2 – 3 hours a week for 2 months
- Deeper reflection work as well as listening exercises and quizzes will be completed
- Full marking criteria, aims and learning outcomes will be given
29th September – 1st October 2023
The times of course are 9.30-6.00 Friday and Saturday and 9.30-5 Sunday
- Put together what you’ve learned with your peers
- Get in-class support from the tutor team
- Gain confidence and experience with your instruments
- Give and receive tuning fork sessions in small groups
Virtual Classroom 2
9th November – 10th November 9.30am – 2pm
- The process deepens with the 1-2-1 case study treatments
- Reflection deepens – practise supporting your client’s process with the 7Rs process of reflection
- Hypothetical case studies will be discussed in small peer groups with a tutor
- Have some 1-2-1 time with your tutor over Zoom. A great opportunity to check technique and ask questions before you start your case studies and research.
Case Studies Process
You will have 6 – 12 months to work with 15 clients, each will come 4 times (once a week for a 4-week period). Many therapists see 3 or 4 clients a day so 15 in 6 – 12 months is very achievable but please make sure you plan enough time in your schedule to enjoy this process as it is also a great opportunity to build your professional practice.
Virtual Classroom 3 – Case Study Check In
- Check in with your peers and tutors
- Have a valuable Q & A session
Virtual Classroom 4 – Case Study Check In
- A Check in 6 months into the case study process
When you have finished your case study sessions, please submit your completed portfolio and a video of you giving a treatment to the exam board. This video can be taken on a phone. There will be an exam board fee of £149 to mark your work (payable only at the time of hand-in).
6 – 8 weeks later you could qualify as a Tuning Fork Practitioner with The British Academy of Sound Therapy!
Earlybird £1657 (payable in full by 31st July)
Full Fee £1807 (instalments are available)
Tuning Fork Sets
Tuning fork kit smaller set (C3, D3, E3, F3, G3, A4, B4, C4) includes wallet and magnet = Price TBC
Tuning fork kit larger set (C3, C#3, D3, D#3, E3, F3, F#3, G3, G#3, A4, A#4, B4, C4) includes wallet and magnet = £548.95
A blend of home study & 1 class-room based module held at the Wyastone Estate, Wyastone Leys, Monmouth NP25 3SR.
Course Starts 31st August 2023
In Class Module Held 29th September – 1st October 2023
Earlybird £1657 (payable in full by 31st July) Full Fee £1807 (instalments are available) Excludes Tuning Forks